Sept. 21, 1912 - Miss Lucy Markley accepted a position as kitchen matron at the Indian School at Fort Sill, Okla., where her duties would be overseeing and instructing the young Indian maidens in the art of cooking. (Bismarck Daily Tribune newspaper, Bismarck, S.D.).
1917 - Headquarters and Headquarters Battery, 2nd Infantry Division was constituted in the Regular Army as Headquarters, 2nd Field Artillery Brigade.
1926 - Police arrested 18 Soldiers for setting fires to several buildings during the previous two years. A month earlier, a secret service operative joined the army and worked from the inside. Several of those arrested were members of the fire and military police departments.
1933 - Despite economic depression, the War Department announced that the Public Works Administration allotted $4 billion for construction at Fort Sill. Among the new buildings provided by that budget was a new administration building, later dedicated to the memory of Lt. Gen. Lesley McNair. Today, McNair Hall is the Fires Center of Excellence and Fort Sill headquarters.