428th Field Artillery Brigade "First And Always!"
The 428th Field Artillery Brigade trains and educates Soldiers, Marines, and international partners in Field Artillery and Fire Support core competencies and values based leadership and conduct as a member of the profession of arms in order to provide capable and confident leaders and artillery men and women to the operational force.
Constituted 19 July 1944 in the Army of the United States as Headquarters and Headquarters Battery, 428th Field Artillery Group.
Activated 25 August 1944 at Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri.
Inactivated 30 September 1945 in Italy.
Allotted 29 October 1946 to the Organized Reserves.
Activated 14 November 1946 at Lafayette, Indiana.
Organized Reserves re-designated 25 March 1948 as the Organized Reserve Corps; re-designated 9 July 1952 as the Army Reserve.
Location changed 22 August 1949 to Gary, Indiana.
Inactivated 4 December 1950 at Gary, Indiana.
Re-designated 24 November 1967 as Headquarters and Headquarters Battery, 428th Artillery Group.
Activated 31 January 1968 at South Bend, Indiana.
Re-designated 1 September 1971 as Headquarters and Headquarters Battery, 428th Field Artillery Group.
Re-designated 1 June 1978 as Headquarters and Headquarters Battery, 428th Field Artillery Brigade.
Inactivated 15 September 1996 at South Bend, Indiana.
Transferred 18 August 2006 to the United States Army Training and Doctrine Command.
Headquarters activated 7 December 2006 at Fort Sill, Oklahoma.