Lieutenants 0-4 Yrs
- Basic Officer Leader Course (BOLC) 18.5 week course to teach officers fundamental of being an FA officer.
- This course focuses on three primary leadership positions: platoon leader, fire support officer, and fire direction officer.
Captain 4-10 Yrs
- Captains Career Course (CCC) is a 20 week course focusing on battery command, battalion fire direction, and battalion fire support officer tasks.
- Course includes core competencies required for a wide variety of assignments.
Major 10-16 Yrs
- Intermediate level education conducted at Ft. Leavenworth, Kan. designed to broaden knowledge of staff responsibility at the division and corps level headquarters.
- Officers are introduced to interagency and non-governmental organizations and the challenges that await working in the Joint, Interagency, Intergovernmental, and multi-national level.
LTC: 16-25 Yrs / COL: 22+ Yrs
- The Army War College is conducted at Carlisle Barracks, Penn.
- Designed to teach how to work at the service, joint and interagency level.
- This level answers issues and challenges that are more ambiguous and require different perspective.
Field Artillery Officer
- Field Artillery officer's hold unparallelled creative problem solving, decision making and managment skills.
- YOU are the best at delivering lethal fires and effects, but in reality, you are directly leading, supervising, training, facilitating and executing the mission.
- Your translated expertise includes: leading personnel managment, strategy, targeting, logistics, operations, planning, leadership development, training, program management, and research.
Fires Support Officer
- Lead and operate Armor or Infantry units.
- Own your own Bradley or Stryker to integrate and control all fires.
- Fires include: cannons, missiles, rockets, close combat attack helicopters, combat air support, mortars, and UAVs.
Fire Directions Officer
- Maintain and prioritize missions.
- Influence the entire battlefield with munitions capable of ranging 300 km and destroying 1kmx1km.
- Lead a gun line with four firing platforms.
- Lead up to 54 soldiers.
- Maintain $44 million worth of equipment.