DA-Pamphlet 611-2 General Summary
- Outlines education and assignments to develop and sustain field artillery and fire support core competencies, and develop knowledge and skills to operate in joint assignments.
- Promotes branch broadening to grow field artillerymen who are experts across the breadth of the branch.
- Increases emphasis on joint training and assignments. Incorporates training in Joint Fires Observer, Ground Liaison Officer and Battlefield Coordination Detachment.
- Integrates current conceptual and doctrinal language.
Professional Development Models
Knox, Hamilton, Gruber Awards
- Knox Award - Recognizes outstanding Active Army Field Artillery Battery of the Year for superb mission accomplishment and overall unit excellence.
- Hamilton Award - Recognizes outstanding Army National Guard Field Artillery Battery of the Year for superb mission accomplishment and overall unit excellence.
- Gruber Award - Recognizes an outstanding Field Artillery professional for outstanding performance that resulted in a significant contribution to or enhancement of the Field Artillery’s war fighting capabilities, morale, readiness, or maintenance.