INTERNAL REVIEW and AUDIT COMPLIANCE
Director: (580) 442-3712 DSN 639
Office: (580) 442-5836/2943/4524/5554
4700 Mow-Way Rd.
Fort Sill, OK 73503-9004
Be the premier source to decision-makers for professional, objective, timely and relevant information, and develop strategies for achieving continuous organizational improvement and accountability.
To provide Commanders with in-house, reliable, timely, professional review and consulting/advisory services that promote improved risk management and foster stewardship through best business practices.
- Serve as the Command’s principal adviser on all audit matters
- Direct, manage, and execute a full range of internal review evaluation services
- Review the execution of management's internal controls to ensure efficient and effective operational business practices
- Serve as the installation liaison with external audit organizations, including the Government Accountability Office, Department of Defense Inspector General, U.S. Army Audit Agency and other HQ Internal Review offices
- Compliance with laws and regulations
- Financial Operations
- Economy & Efficiency
- Program Results
- Arrange entrance conferences, discussions, and exit conferences with external audit organizations and the appropriate organization offices
- Mediate the resolution of disagreements between command and/or management and the auditors relative to audit results, as needed
- Ensure that Fort Sill official command replies to draft findings and recommendations are reviewed for accuracy, adequacy, and responsiveness; have been properly coordinated with responsible HQ elements; and meet assigned suspense dates
- Establish and maintain a recommendation tracking system and an effective follow-up system on both internal review and external audit and investigative reports
- Conduct follow-up reviews to verify implementation of agreed-to recommendations to determine if corrective actions are effective