Installation Tax Center (ITAC)

Fort Sill Welcome Center, 4700 Mow-Way Road, Suite 400 Telephone: (580) 442-6445

The ITAC is open Jan. 29 to Apr. 16. The deadline for filing taxes in 2018 is Apr. 17, but our office will be closed that date to ensure packets we've submitted are processed before the deadline.

Weekday operating hours are 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.* Saturday operating hours are 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.* The center is open on Saturdays from Feb. 3 to Mar. 31 only. Saturdays are appointment only.

Customers may schedule appointments or walk in. If signed in by 4 p.m. Monday thru Friday, they will be seen that day.

ALL returns with RENTALS and SCHEDULE C-EZ will only be prepared by appointment only.

Tax Assistance Programs

The ITAC offers a range of services depending upon the clients' needs.

Single Soldiers

A single Soldier who needs assistance filing federal and state taxes should consult our Single Soldier Express Filing information here. To see if you qualify for these expedited procedures, check out our Qualifying Form.

Rentals and Schedule C-EZ returns

ALL returns with RENTALS and SCHEDULE C-EZ will only be prepared by appointment only.

What to bring

You will need to bring the following documents/information when you come to the ITAC:
  • Military ID Card (for both if joint return)
  • Social Security Cards for everyone listed on the return
  • All documents showing income received and/or taxes paid
  • (For example: W-2, 1099R, 1099INT, 1099MISC, 1099G)
  • Last year’s return **With new software, carry forward will not be performed**.
  • Proof of bank account & routing number (cancelled check, last year’s return)
  • Accurate amounts or receipts for: (all that apply to you)
    • Child and dependent care
    • Tuition and book expenses
    • Student loan interest
    • Moving expenses
    • Educator expenses
    • Charitable contributions
    • Significant medical expenses
    • Contributions to an IRA/Retirement Account
    • Mortgage interest/real estate taxes (Form 1098)
    • If purchased a new home—Signed HUD-1, orders if purchased with extension for deployed Soldiers

If you are married and/or have dependents:
  • Social Security Card and accurate SSN and date of birth of all dependents
  • POA (Power of Attorney) – If filing Married Filing Joint and spouse WILL NOT be present to sign **MUST BE THE ORIGINAL POWER OF ATTORNEY**
  • If Married Filing Separate, you must have spouse’s SSN in order to E-file

Frequently Asked Questions.pdf

★ ★ Tax Deadline: APR. 17, 2018 ★ ★