Personnel not in possession of a DoD issued identification card cannot access Fort Sill without a pass. Passes are issued at the Bentley Gate Visitor Control Center.
Bolc-B Banner

     Welcome to the Fires Center of Excellence/Fort Sill, OK. As you embark on your journey to become a REDLEG here at FA BOLC B, you will build lifelong friendships, experience several new challenges and encounter an array of unique leadership styles. One of your primary duties as a newly commissioned officer in the United States Army is to be in the right place, at the right time, in the correct uniform."

Smartpack: Click image for documents

Reporting Instructions:


Location:


- What is the forwarding address we should use?

Your mailing address will be the following:
2LT John M. Doe
A Btry 1-30th FA (BOLC B), Class ##-##
745 Geronimo Rd.
Fort Sill, OK 73503
## - your course number

- What do I need to wear? Will we need dress uniform? What cover should I bring? What boots do we need to bring? What patch do I wear?

a. While you are attending BOLC B, you will need the ACU, patrol cap, authorized boots, Army Service Uniform (ASU) with black beret and Service Cap. BDUs are no longer authorized for wear. Click here for examples of authorized and unauthorized boots.

b. The Unit patch that you will wear during your BOLC B cycle is the: 428th Field Artillery Brigade patch (Example)

- What if I am getting married, can I take time off for a honeymoon?

No. Leave is only granted under extraordinary circumstances on a case by case basis. The battery commander MAY authorize you to take a pass over a weekend as long as you remain in good standing in the course.

- What if I just got married and I already leased an apartment, can I live off post?

All BOLC B students who are PCS'd to Ft. Sill can choose to live off post. Note: Effective 1 October 2015, BOLC-B will become a TDY course.

- If my wife is due to have our baby when I'm in class, can I take leave and go home?

All requests for leave and passes are handled on a case by case basis. Again, leave is only granted under extraordinary circumstances on a case by case basis. The battery commander may authorize you to take a pass over a weekend as long as you remain in good standing in the course.

- If I have orders to attend BOLC B class and something came up, can you change it to another class?

While we appreciate any forewarning you can give us regarding your situation, we cannot amend or delete your orders. If a situation comes up that will preclude you from reporting on time, you need to address that issue with your branch manager and your commissioning source to amend or delete your BOLC B orders.

- If I am traveling a long way and won't have enough time to change, can I wear civilian clothes to in process?

No. This course is about developing adaptive leaders and we are confident in your abilities to find a place to change into uniform (ACU) prior to reporting for your class. Students who show up out of uniform will be turned away and in processed only after they return in the proper uniform.

- This is the only number I called that anyone answered, can you still help me?

While we prefer that you call A Battery directly, anyone should be able to direct your call to the appropriate unit or agency. The phone number to A Battery is 580-442-3571 and the phone number to the brigade staff duty is 580-442-2803.

- If I get there after 0700 will I still have a reserved spot in the class?

We ask that all students arrive no later than 0700 on the report date in your orders. If you cannot or will not arrive by that time, please call A Battery to let them know your situation.

- Where do I report?

Report to Building 840 (Summerall Hall) during duty hours & during non-duty hours to Building 3410, Brigade Staff Duty.

- Where will I live?

a. If you PCS to Fort Sill, you will live off-post in a civilian residence. We recommend you not sign a lease until after you have reported to the battery. If you are married and PCS to Fort Sill, you may live in married housing on post, if it is available. Note: Effective 1 October 2015, BOLC-B will become a TDY course.

b. If you are not on PCS orders to Fort Sill, you will live in lodging provided by Fort Sill Lodging. You may contact Fort Sill Lodging at 1-877-711-8326 or 580-442-5000.

- What will my chain of command be?

a. Student leadership will be assigned as your representative to the cadre.

b. The cadre consists of the battery commander, the first sergeant and other instructors within the battery.

- Should I bring my family?

Yes, the battery has an active family readiness group designed to provide support and train and mentor spouses in prepare them to be leaders in the gaining FRG.

- Personal Weapons?

All persons who bring a privately owned weapon (POW) on Fort Sill will register that weapon with the Directorate of Emergency Services (DES), prior to entry with the weapon onto post. Persons required to register POWs will provide the weapon’s manufacture name, model, serial number, caliber, color, style (semiautomatic, revolver, etc.), a copy of the unit commanders approval letter (if living on post) and proof of safety training to Fort Sill DES Police Administration Branch (PAB), Bldg 4700, 0830-1600 Monday – Friday, excluding holidays. Persons will not take firearms into the registration location.

- Where can I get a map of Fort Sill?

Maps are available at all gate entrances upon request.

- Is there any training conducted on Saturdays?

In general, remedial training for academics, study groups (voluntary), academic re-tests, land navigation re-tests, and rifle marksmanship re-tests are conducted on Saturdays.

- Can I take a pass during BOLC B?

Yes you are eligible for passes during BOLC B provided you are in good academic standing. Passes are granted at the discretion of the battery commander. See student leave and pass policy here.

- What if I want to attend Ranger School Following BOLC B?

There is a Pre-Ranger Training program open to all volunteers. There will be a briefing containing detailed information about the program at the beginning of the course. Volunteers will participate in a specialized PT Program, weapons training, land navigation and various other events in order to prepare for Ranger School.